Sunday, November 15, 2009

Falling In Love

I find it rather funny that just the other day, while driving home from work, listing to the my newly acquired U2 CD, that the thought of love pops into my mind. Not even pre announcing its arrival, it sneakily just appears to take residence in my mind for the remainder of my trip. Granted the new U2 CD is all about sharing the love with those who needs, but for some reason my mind started to gravitate towards the saying “falling in love.” I thought to myself “Why is that? Why is it referred to falling?” And thus my mind begins to churn the imagery of falling. Usually when I fall I hit the ground and it is sometimes caused by inanimate objects to which I fail to negotiate around. It’s the impact I start focusing on, the result of the fall, the pain that will surely ensue once impact is fully achieved. I then being to think to myself, “gee it would be nice if something, or in this case someone could break my fall or even catch me. In reality thought I think if was physically falling most people get out of the way, since I could potential cause irreparable damage to those kinda and helpful souls. Yet in the idea of love we do fall and most of the time we do hit the ground and it hurts, because when we fall and we are not caught, we feel the wind is knocked out of us. Yet in a single instance when the planets align, and time begins to stand still and we catch our soul mate, the fall in all its glory is definitely worth it. Love is something that can’t be measured out or rationed like food stuffs during famine. Love is an all or none action, and yes some would argue that there can be different levels, but really when you are in love its full and complete. Love is a wealth that can be freely given, and that no one can take away. We are all “wealthy” in this capacity and people have given their lives to the belief in love. In a time where love seems to be at war with what society think love means, its true sense will always prevail. A light shining in the darkness where truth will reveal itself, but to those who truly seeks its wisdom. 

So as I reached my humble abode in far reaches of the northern flood plain, I remember not my drive, which to say the least is a bit disconcerting, but I did enjoy my train of thought fueled by an image of falling into something. What will I think about next....hahah.  

1 comment:

  1. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket — safe, dark, motionless, airless — it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable. - C.S. Lewis

    ReplyDelete