Monday, March 29, 2010

Minnesotan Trail - The Journey Begins




View Larger Map

Overcast with 90% chance of awesome, day one of the Minnesotan Trail begins with an early morning. Ma and Pa as usual are up early, and I wake up just due to my sheer love of the morning, or more like the bare floor encouraged me to greet the morning with reluctant joy. Today is the day where I head off to Minnesota to start a new adventure, and yes cause my job is now there.

Our hearty movers greet us with morning gusto and start hauling my stuff into the Hauley the loveable Uhaul truck. I have to say the movers did an excellent job packing the truck, better than any previous moving experience I ever had. One could say the experience was moving. Ok…well then. After the truck was packed, the auto haul was hitched and my car was launched onto it with no time to waste. Once all was said and done it was time to leave my apt and to head east ascending the Sierras and waving goodbye to the Sacramento Valley.


The move is epic, but the speed at which the move is happening at is not epic at all. Yet there is something to appreciate about traveling at 55 MPH. For one the car and the trailer don’t fly off the road, but also it provides some time to look around and appreciate the surroundings such as in Truckee. At like 80 or 90 MPH, there is something lost, but at 55 MPH there are things that you are glad to have seen. That is until you get into Nevada and get to Fallon, Winnemucca, and Battle Mountain which by the is a cool name and is also the “Gateway to the Nevada Outback.” I am fully aware that I may not be giving these places a fair shake, but I wouldn’t mind driving 80 or 90 through these parts. So now we are encamped in Elkos, Nevada, shaking off the sand, and getting a good nights rest for a one of the endurance legs of the journey. Right now I am hoping the check engine light continues to remain meaningless as instructed by Uhaul Roadside assistance. Hauley is poised to conquer the Minnesotan trail. Also, I really don’t want to pull out the oxen and hitch a wagon. I will most likely post videos at a later time. I just don't have the bandwidth.




1 comment:

  1. Man. Ben owes me some money cause you stayed the night in Elko.

    ReplyDelete